The world Infusion Pumps Market is projected to reach over $7.6 billion by 2018. The most commonly used drug infusion pumps are seen in healthcare facilities; these range from large, volumetric pumps, ambulatory pumps, syringe pumps and enteral feeding pumps. Many compact portable models are also available for homecare and alternate care use. Individual-use, pumps that allow more independent and active lifestyles, include the wearable insulin pumps and implantable pumps
Maketstrat’s report on the worldwide market for Infusion Pumps discusses how growth in this market is shaped by trends in regulatory requirements, technology, clinical use, geographical variations and demographic factors, etc. Some of the issues highlighted in this report include:
- Pump and administration set recalls, mandatory withdrawals and more stringent testing have impacted revenues from many well established brands and models of infusion pumps over the last few years. The US market has been the hardest hit.
- The recent revenue impact while significant for certain product segments like volumetric and ambulatory pumps, is overshadowed by rising demand worldwide.
- Volumetric pumps account for the largest share of revenues, while ambulatory pumps lead in unit sales.
- In mature markets, sales of administration sets and other accessories is an important source of recurring revenue.
- Highest overall growth is projected in the emerging markets of Asia and Latin America.
- The insulin patch pump segment is currently the most dynamic in terms of innovation
- Implantable pump segment is severely impacted in the short-term due to pump malfunction and recalls.
- Syringe pumps will retain their foothold in all regional markets, and will be one of the highest growth segments on a global level.
Makretstrat’s 2013 research report analyzes the world market for Drug Infusion Pumps. The report discusses key players and identifies trends impacting the market for these products. Topics covered include product definitions, strategies, competitive analysis, market shares, key market and product segment parameters, competitive position maps, market conditions, brands, and company profiles.
The report provides detailed market estimates and forecasts: Revenues in US$, Unit Sales, ASPs for 2011 to 2018
- By Material/ Application – Volumetric Pumps, Ambulatory Pumps, Insulin Pumps, Syringe Pumps, Implantable Pumps, Enteral Pumps
- By Geographical location – US, Latam, Europe, Japan, ROAPAC and ROW
- By Care Location – Acute Care, Alternate Care
- By Transaction – Sale, Rental, Lease